Friday, January 14, 2011

An AMAZING week!!

This has been an AMAZING week in the adoption community!!
I'm SO excited to be a part of it and witness these things that God is doing.

 Joseph has hearing loss and developmental delays and was adopted from Uganda in 2009. How cool to watch a child hear for the first time!!

Then, Kristi Johnson got to see Wes's smile for the first time.
Kristi was in Ethiopia before Christmas meeting her daughter's birth mom and helping her sister Kelly (founder of Ordinary Hero) photograph waiting children. While there, Kristi met her son

Then, a cry went out to the community that Davids needed a family. He is two weeks from aging out of the orphanage and needed a family to step up and commit to him so that he wouldn't be out in the streets on his own. The community rallied and posted his information everywhere. Within 48 hours a family stepped up to adopt him. Now the community is helping to raise the funds needed so that his family can travel to pick him up as soon as possible.

Then, Suzanne announced that Josie Love's HIV is UNDETECTABLE in her last set of blood work.
WOOHOO!

Then, ISAAC STARTED WALKING! As I shared on fb, capturing a child's first steps on camera is cute but it takes on a WHOLE NEW meaning when that child
-was 6 lbs at 6 mos
-has hypotonia (low muscle tone)
-met only ONE developmental milestone at 8 mos
-and was adopted by his wonderful parents even though it was unknown if he would ever make any progress or meet any more milestones 
 
Then, just today I saw that John and Christine are adding to their family bringing the number up to 17!!
 
PHEW!! What a week!!
To GOD be the GLORY!!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Those are all encouraging and wonderful things to hear!

Einstein's Brain said...

I am glad for those children. I am trying to advocate for some older children on Reeces Rainbow and some I found on Rainbow Kids. I do hope they get placed soon.

Unknown said...

I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff you post.
1 bhk flat in Bhubaneswar

Unknown said...

Thanks for writing in such an encouraging post. I had a glimpse of it and couldn’t stop reading till I finished. I have already bookmarked you.
1 bhk flat in Bhubaneswar