Monday, November 1, 2010

One year later

Shh! Don't tell Abigail (yet)!

When I was looking at the Christmas Angel Tree I saw some familiar faces. 

Last year I explained to Abigail that there are children in orphanages in other countries waiting for their forever families and that money is the only thing standing in their way. I asked her if she would be willing to give up one of her Christmas gifts in order to help a family bring their child HOME. You can read about her response here.

This is Kathleen last year
 And here is her updated picture on the Tree this year


Here is Anna last year
And this year

I was so excited when I realized that we had updated pictures of the girls. I can't wait to show them!

But as the day went on...I realized how sad it is that they are on the tree again this year. That means their forever family was not able to adopt them. That means they are still waiting. They will spend another Christmas in an orphanage. Another holiday without a family. Another cold winter in a very cold orphanage.

And that causes me to fight even harder to spread the word. To educate people about the conditions that these children suffer in. To shine the light on the need. To help families adopt. To speak up for the helpless and the needy.

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves,

for the rights of all who are destitute.

Speak up and judge fairly;

defend the rights of the poor and needy.
Proverbs 31:8-9




Won't you join me?

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I will definitely join you...even if you are a cheater! :) Thank you for your playing on our blog--I love you blog and your heart for the needy. I will look forward to following your journey and watching to see how the Lord will use the passion He has given you!!

Giana said...

sweet little ana is coming home with us i cant wate !!!! p.s. thank you for your sweet sweet coment on my blog :)