Monday, September 13, 2010

Bowling

My nieces Abigail (7) and Anna (3) live in Pennsylvania. They visited my mom and me this summer. One of the things we did was take them bowling. It was lots of fun!

I'm not sure what this thing is called but it is generally used for children with special needs. (Perhaps one of my friends that teaches special education can enlighten me:) We got it so that Anna would be able to bowl. She really enjoyed it. She was so excited to bowl that I had to keep her ball from rolling so that we could take a picture.
This is the lightest ball they had and it was just a bit too heavy for her. I ended up helping her carry her ball the whole time. This is much more difficult than I make it look! Haha! (And yes, a normal person would have carried the ball to the contraption for her and then allowed her to push it down the alley. Doting aunties bend all the way over, waddle like a duck and spoil help their nieces so they can "do it by myself")
Jai was able to come bowling with us. He had fun and we enjoyed his company. (My mom is a nanny for his family. She loves him like a grandson.)

Speaking of grandsons...my mom might have one in about month or two. My sister Grace is pregnant. She and John do not know what it is yet but everyone will be excited either way. As Abigail said, "We don't care what it is. We are just hoping for a healthy baby."

No comments: